Where Would You Like To Go?

September 25, 2013

Well...What Do You Know?

One of my best friends, Natalie, did a blog today and asked me to answer the questions too - and since I'm sitting here  still on "bed-rest" (but thankfully not strict bed rest anymore!)  I thought I'd oblige :)   I apologize in advance because tomorrow you'll be seeing a post similar for a MS Women's blog link up - but guess if you don't know much about me - you'll get to learn a lot of random things today and tomorrow!!

1) If you could be any animal on the planet, what would you be and why?
    Can I choose none?  HA!  I'm not exactly crazy about any type of animal but I guess it would be pretty cool to fly and in that case I'd have to choose a bald eagle!

2)What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
   "Look it up for yourself" - this was often in reference to my questions about a sermon, WWJD type statement, or a personal belief - my parents directed me to the Bible and told me to never believe something simply because someone else said it (no matter who the person was) to always look it up & study God's word for myself.  I truly have come to love this now that I'm in a foreign country because the people we work with are very eager to believe anything a foreigner tells them - I can't tell you how many times I've said "don't believe it because I'm saying it - look in God's word!"

3)What is your favorite TV show of all time?
I think it would have to be a tie between Full House & then Nick at Nite TV shows - you know all the oldies?  Dragnet, Dick Van Dyke Show, I Dream of Jennie, etc

4)If you could have any job in the world, and it didn't matter how much money you made or what qualifications you needed, what would it be?
Exactly what I'm doing - being a wife & mommy + a missionary in Africa :)

5) What is your favorite holiday movie?
  I love books which may play into my favorite but I adore the Polar Express...it's fantastic!

6) Suggest a new blog for me to read.
I'm going to have to say the sweet friend that tagged me to do this post -

 Natalie over at Life As I Know It, she is a talented writer and has such a fun way of telling a story.  I'm grateful she does a blog to help me keep up with her while we're on opposite sides of the globe!

7) What is something you are loving right now?
 Skype & FaceTime - I'm usually always thankful for these so that we can communicate with family back at home in the States but right now they are REALLY my favorites because I'm away from my husband and sweet little girl - thankfully I get to see her (although a bit blurry) and "tuck her in" every night even while being far away!

8) What is your favorite nail polish color?
  If it's OPI - I am a fan, but my all time favorite is Cajun Shrimp - think gorgeous coral color!

9)What is your favorite season?
HA - this answer changes upon where I am living but being in Madagascar it's our winter (June - August) because it's the only time all year I can wear my hair down and keep a little bit of makeup on my face!!  There's even occasionally the night we can break out our jeans, jackets, & a blanket!  It's perfect!

10) Tell me something that most people don't know about you.
 These are the hardest for me to answer...I guess that means I talk or over share too much!  How about that I modeled for a local magazine when I was like 3?  My mom still has the magazines to prove it.  It was one of those everything in one children's magazines - toys, educational items, clothes, etc.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!