Where Would You Like To Go?

September 20, 2013

5 Minute Friday

1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word. (On your blog or in the comments).

2. Link back to Lisa Jo's blog and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in her blog footer}.
3. Go leave some comment props for the five minute artist who linked up before you.
- See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/#sthash.PaiyzBWX.dpuf



SHE...
  She was one of the first faces that I saw, one of the first names that I said...day in and day out, there as a constant...church musicals, award ceremonies, before school, after school, appointments, lessons, softball games, and more
She poured out love and grace even on the hard days
She made sure I knew that she was proud of me - no matter the outcome - her joy was contagious
She is the reminder to look out for the one who is lonely  and she lived it out in her life as she challenged me to do it in mine
She was continually praying, seeking, searching - she taught me how to dig deep - not into books or sermons or churches but into HIS word
She is truly beautiful and worth far more than rubies or diamonds...her worth comes from within and spills out to anyone who is around her
She taught me about mistakes and sin and that we are each guilty of it
She taught me Who to run to and how to turn from the darkness that at one point separated me from Him
She reminded me that growth was a part of walking with Him and that it desperately needed to always be happening
She spoke wisdom into my life and thankfully still does - she showed me that we never "arrive" because we are always on the path of righteousness and becoming more and more like Christ
She taught me how to be a mom, how to love, how to teach, how to guide, how to direct, how to discipline
She tells me to be different than her, to only try to exemplify Christ - to see her mistakes & missteps and do things differently
She can't see the beauty that He pours out of her into others lives
She doesn't know that she is changing the world because she daily allows Him to change her life
She is loved and given thanks for on a daily basis
She is my mother

1 comment:

  1. Oh how beautiful. My mother is quite similar. Seems like we're very lucky and blessed to have such wonderful women in our lives. :) (Visiting from Five Minute Friday).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!