Where Would You Like To Go?

October 20, 2014

It's Going to Be Okay

"It's all going to be okay" 
Have you ever said it?  Has someone ever said it to you?
The good intentions are there - as a Christian, there is even truth to the statement...but I've never liked it.  Usually when that statement makes it's way into conversation, "okay" is the last emotion you are feeling.  

I was listening a few weeks ago to one of David Platt's sermons.  He was teaching from Acts 20 and he made the statement, "Just because something is difficult or hard does not mean the Lord is not calling you to it."

Amen and amen - right?  
For some reason, middle school English class makes it's way to the surface and I hear - "Two roads diverged in yellow wood...and I took the one less traveled by...and that has made all the difference"

He calls us to things that are not always "okay".
He takes us down paths that are less traveled.


The past 17 months have been filled with glorious & amazingly beautiful days.  
They have also been filled with tough, worn weary, & crying days.  

My pregnacy with Lyllian was not easy.
Complications while living in a 3rd world country were not fun.
Transitioning to a family of 4 was difficult.
Walking  Crawling through depression was hard.

and you know what?
it. was. not. all. okay.

agonizing cries
selfish prayers
words spoken in anger
pity parties thrown
lies believed
quiet times missed
grace withheld
doubts raised

but you know what?
it was all glorifying
it.was.all.glorifying.

He used it.  
every single thing.
He glorified Himself through it all - admidst it all.
He brought me to His throne.
He held me in His arms.
He never let go.  
He taught me about His faithfulness, His love, His mercy, His grace, & His forgiveness.

So, friend, I'm not here to tell you that everything is going to be okay but I can promise you as a child of His...
It's going to be glorifying!!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder from David Platt that, "Just because something is difficult or hard does not mean the Lord is not calling you to it." It's been a blessing getting to know you! I am thankful that I was able to serve with you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard of Steffany Gretzinger? Her music is good. Not my all-time favorite, but good. Her lyrics? INCREDIBLE. She has this one song, Out of Hiding, that I immediately thought of as I was reading this post. It says, "What hindered love will only become part of your story." How beautiful is our God that He can take the messy, yucky, ugly times in our lives and turn them into something that ultimately can bring glory to His name?! It just doesn't make sense (in my mind) that something that should hurt His name can be turned into something that can bring Him glory. That goes against everything in our "world." But He takes the ugly and makes it beautiful. Grace and mercy at its finest. Our God is so good! Love you so much my friend. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!