Where Would You Like To Go?

September 3, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits


Happy Tuesday Everyone!!
Came across this blog through fb this week - great read...
Beautiful words from His Holy Word...
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."
HEBREWS 10 : 23

Jen Hatmaker is definitely on my list of women I'd love to hear speak in person...but for now, her blog will have to do :)
"One of my favorite truths from Scripture is that condemnation is a trick of the enemy, not the language of the heavens. Shame is not the rhetoric of redemption, so if we are a slave to it, we have moved outside the protective covering of mercy. And it is harsh out there, debilitating actually. If your inner monologue is constantly critical, endlessly degrading, it may be time to move a few feet back under the umbrella of grace. For there the yoke is easy and the burden is light. Then we can breathe and assess our own parenting with the same kindness we extend to others."  Jen Hatmaker
Read this verse this week and was reminded of what He taught me about it back in 2011 while we were in Virginia at IMB training.
Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”  James 4:13-15
During the week that we studied about this verse, the Lord continually showed me how often I make plans about my life.  He showed me how overly confident I am as I state things that "will" happen in the future.  I've learned/am learning that plans in and of themselves are okay but that I should remember I am not the one who holds the future - He is.  This reminder from James, tells me that a few simple words have quite a significant impact.  To state plans, prefaced with "if it is the Lord's will", this phrase should give me pause and cause me to reflect on what I am planning.  It should help me remember that everything I do should be for His glory AND that if it does or doesn't happen it is because of what HE has allowed - not because of what I had planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!