Where Would You Like To Go?

September 17, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits


Some Scripture to start off this morning...
"This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.” 
ISAIAH 30 : 15 

"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds."  2 CORINTHIANS 10 : 4 

I pray that your heart feels incredible peace and refreshment just from reading those words of truth...I know that mine does!

If you haven't started following Lisa Jo...then now is the time to - seriously, she's a breath of fresh air and I love reading the wisdom that comes from the Lord pouring through her words...
"It occurs to me how much I miss on the days when I’m frustrated.
On the days when I hurry them through brushing teeth and climbing bunk bed ladders and demands for just one more sip of water. On evenings when I rush and mutter and long for the solace of bed and laptop and online. On mornings when I rush to find lost shoes, chug down honey nut Cheerios and pack lunches and stuffed bears.
How much does the rush cost me?
We want to be on time, yes. But on time and frayed around the edges, on time and in tears, on time and relieved to be parting ways is no one’s win-win.
The rush is all mine. I can choose to shelter them from it or not.
The clock is all mine. I can choose to dictate from it or not.
The rhythm is all mine. I can choose to dance to it or not.
Because the melody of any day ebbs and flows around a mother’s mood.
And if I can set my mood by the desire to send them off at peace and full of the knowing that they mattered then they will have a gift to unwrap the rest of the day.
Knowing that they mattered to their mother more than her to-dos.
And yes, I hear you saying that there are things we can’t actually be late for. And to-dos must be done sometime or lives will unravel. I agree, I do.
But I am learning to tell the difference between the rush of the doing vs. the gifting of the doing.
I am learning to spot the wonder in the ordinary. Because if it is all a gift to me from the Father who gives good things, why don’t I re-gift it to my kids before we rush out the door?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!