Where Would You Like To Go?

April 23, 2014

Why Not

Eyes full of disbelief and wonder look up at me, "Really momma? I can eat it with my fingers?"  The delight in her giggle makes me smile, "Of course...why not?"  We laugh together as we both pick up a green bean and enjoy it - all without the use of a fork...sometimes it's the little things - right?

I wonder how many times I could have said "why not" but instead I chose "no" even when it wasn't necessary.

There's grace to be found in the "why nots"
There's messiness to be found in the "why nots"
There's delight to be found in the "why nots"
There's ordinary extraordinary in the "why nots"

I tend to be reflective and while it's not a bad thing - I can't change the past but I can learn from it.

My desire is to slow down, notice the "why not" moments, breathe deeply, and enjoy this day that He has given us.  You know I love Ann Voscamp's book and in it she reminds us that "life is not an emergency", what a wonderful gift it is to be able to remember and live life in the truth of that phrase.

So, if we're enjoying a meal together when we come stateside this Fall, I'm asking for grace and maybe even a giggle when our greenbeans are eaten in a less than proper way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!