Where Would You Like To Go?

April 21, 2014

The Wilderness

The Lord introduced me to a new friend this month and she shared some Scripture with me that is definitely one I am holding on to...

Hosea 2:14-15
“Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
    and bring her into the wilderness,
    and speak tenderly to her.
15 And there I will give her her vineyards
    and make the Valley of Achor[a] a door of hope."

What's interesting to me is that the vineyards are going to grow...in the wilderness!  And the Valley of Achor (meaning trouble) is going to become a door of hope!  What a gift!  What grace!!

I'm learning the wilderness can indeed be a beautiful place.
A hard place - but definitely beautiful.
I'm learning more than I ever have that I am a sinner.
I'm learning more than I ever have before about dependency upon Him.
I'm learning more than I ever have about how desperately I need His grace.

He's showing me that vulnerability/transparency/honesty equals more glory for Him to recieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!