Where Would You Like To Go?

February 18, 2013

Trust

Only trust Him...only trust Him...only trust Him now...He will save you, He will save you, He will save you now.
The Lord has been teaching me a lot about trusting Him lately and allowing Him to captivate every thought.  Last week, I read Romans 8:31,"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" and then, 2 Corinthians 4:18  "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."  Through both of them I found myself brought back to the overarching theme of trust.  Do I trust Him every single day?  If I can't trust Him, if I'm not willing to give it all over to Him, it's probably because I like to think I have control.  I usually can't give things to Him because I'm holding too tightly to them myself.   I like being in control - but oh how mistaken I am...even if I don't give it to Him, even if I am scared of what trusting Him might look like - I'm still NOT in control...I still can't plan out how the days will fall and what will or won't happen - only He can!  How much more of a peaceful journey it would be if I allow myself to abide in Him, allowing myself to rest in His control, His soverignty, and His perfect plans. 
Mind you, never an easier journey but a peace filled one. 
 Trust and obey, trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!