Where Would You Like To Go?

February 15, 2013

My Favorite

Steve is my favorite.  I prayed for him for years before we had even met...and he is the answer to every one plus every one that I didn't know I should be praying, if that makes sense.  Living in a foreign country and having the job that we do - we spend a LOT of time together.  We knew that would be the case from the moment we started talking about getting married.  It never seemed like it would be a problem.  We worked well together, we enjoyed being around one another, and we have the same passion. 
Almost 6 years of marriage and 2 years of being in a foreign country...those things haven't changed.  The reality of our day to day has looked differently than we may have ever dreamed but the relationship that the Lord formed between us has continually grown closer.  However, I will be the first to admit that you can indeed spend lots of time with someone without ever "spending time with them".  We are busy (aren't we all?) and even when our bodies slow down, often our minds are still racing.  I began to realize lately that I may not be doing the greatest job of making sure he knew he was still my favorite.
"Forever can never be long enough for me to feel I've had long enough with you"
On Valentine's Day, we were able to get away for longer than just a supper together...we went and drove along a road we had never been all the way down...it proved to be just what we needed.  Just the two of us, on a beautiful drive with breath taking views (all the pictures you are seeing on this blog), singing along to some of our favorite songs...and then enjoyed dinner on the beach.   
"I want to keep it forever
Keep it close to my heart
Don't ever want to forget the good part
Don't need to know what's coming
Everything is alright right, right here
Just knowing you are my best friend"
Anyway, I just wanted to say - Steve you are my favorite here on this earth and you always will be.  You are such a gift to me and I love every moment of our life together.  I praise God for putting us together to serve Him and am beyond grateful for your leadership.  I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it neat how God knows just what we need even when we don't?! BTW - I call David "my favorite" too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!