Where Would You Like To Go?

July 26, 2014

Jesus Paid It All

Hymns have always been one of my absolute favorite things to sing.  The truths they hold and the stories that are behind them are fascinating to me.  This one has been playing on repeat in my head this week and I just wanted to share it.  Perhaps you need to be reminded of the Truths that are inside these simple lyrics.


I hear the Savior say
Thy strength indeed is small
Child of weakness 
Watch and pray
Find in me
Thine all in all
Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

He is our all in all - our EVERYTHING.  He knows that we are weak...it's not a secret.  He created us that way so that we would need to depend on Him.  So that no matter what circumstance we find ourselves in, we can confidently sing...

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine
Oh what a foretaste of glory divine,
heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior, all the day long.
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior, all the day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!