Where Would You Like To Go?

July 19, 2014

Drinking from My Saucer

This past week has been quite wonderful.  Spirits have been high.  Times with friends have been plentiful.  Our language examination came and went.  An early birthday party was had, surprise gifts during the week happened, and favorite foods were eaten.  We recieved packages full of yummy favorites and there has been a church in AL, who our only connection is a friend from college, that has covered us in prayer and encouraging emails this week. 
Our families have posted memories in the form of pictures and have sent numerous email cards & gifts.  After several continuous weeks of the "emotional threes", Ryleigh suddenly understood the concept of listening & obeying the first time and  started practicing respectful responses instead of emotionally fueled ones.  Perhaps the best gift this week has come from my little 7 month old.  Although it only took her big sister 7 weeks to start sleeping through the night - we have finally had a week of 11 hours of sleep every night from Miss Lyllian (even though it took 7 months).  Steve, who loves me so well, has gone out of his way to make this a fantastic week and reminded me of all we have to celebrate.   
The Lord is gracious indeed.  He gives more than we could possibly ever desire.  He fills our cup to overflowing.  In the words of Michael Combs, "I'm drinking from my saucer, because my cup has overflowed." Praising Him for His eternal goodness.  Grateful for His abundant gifts.  
My heart is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!