Where Would You Like To Go?

July 29, 2014

12 things I'm looking forward to

Several people have asked what I am looking forward to the most upon our return to the States in September...aside from the obvious family & friends - so I thought it'd be fun to type up a list.  This is in no particular order and I have a feeling that if I had typed up a list three years ago it would have looked very different.  We just didn't know the things we had taken for granted!!
  1. clean bathrooms wherever/whenever you need one - and yes, our definition of clean has probably changed a LOT
  2. cold fresh milk (even though I've heard it cost more than gas these days) the boxed, on the shelf milk just leaves a lot to be desired to say the least
  3. refrigerated dough - Pillsbury - I mean, do I need to say more?
  4. Chik. Fil. A.
  5. the ability to drink tap water - no more bottled water just to brush our teeth!
  6. fresh vegetables & fruits no matter what season it is - yes, the price will probably take some getting used to BUT we won't atleast we won't have to bleach them first!
  7. road trips - traveling on paved roads that have rules to abide by sounds quite lovely, and don't forget about gas stations, fast food stops, and rest areas (specified areas to go to the bathroom?? seriously?!?!) - I mean wow! what a treat!!
  8. worship in our heart language with those who are close to us
  9. cream cheese that comes refrigerated and in blocks - here they are in 1oz squares and are on the shelf
  10. cereal - don't laugh - it is available for purchase here but runs about $18 a box and is usually somewhat stale - needless to say, we haven't bought it!
  11. central air & heat 
  12. option to purchase meat without bones, skin, hair, or anything else you might not really find appetizing



1 comment:

  1. Aunt Bobby JusticeJuly 29, 2014 at 7:42 AM

    I understand missing the comforts you grew up with. I think one of them should be seeing how Ryliegh reacts to the different way children act. She is such a caring child that she might want to return to the simpler way of life. I pray that all of you can return to stateside living easily.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!