Where Would You Like To Go?

March 8, 2014

Unspeakable Joy

Friday morning my time alone with the Lord ended with this verse...

"Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory; receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1:8-9 (KJV)

This joy immediately welled up inside me and I started singing (maybe dancing) to that wonderful song from high school...you know what I'm talking about Laura ;)

"You give me joy that's unspeakable and I like it...yeah I like it..." circa 2000 from the Newsboys

If you have not ever heard it - it's awesome and you should take the time to do so now...


It's an awesome song and always will be - I seriously love it.  

Anyway, I have been reading the book Spiritual Warfare by Dr Jerry Rankin.  It's my 2nd time to go through it in the past few years...and I'm still being reminded of so much.  Spiritual warfare is indeed the first things that come to your mind - angels vs demons, demonic possession, etc.  
The spiritual warfare that we may be not as inclined to recognize are the lies that Satan has us believing as just "life".  Waking up and grumbling about what type of day it will be when the Truth tells us "This is the day the Lord has made.  I will REJOICE and be glad in it!"  That verse isn't just for us to make up a cute kids' song to...it is ageless.  It's a truth that should be lived out!  His joy is indeed unspeakable.  His joy claims victory over every "bad day".  
His joy wins.  His joy prevails.  
Lord, let it be so in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!