Where Would You Like To Go?

March 6, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Willing

Willing
Go...
He called.
I was willing.
Willing to go.  Willing to move.  Willing to leave. Willing to love.  Willing to learn.
There are days that are too numerous to count when I've gone back to that moment - wondered why I had to be willing, wondered why I didn't drag my feet (because goodness knows I've had days over here that I have), wondered what would life be like if it was happening somewhere else.

Would life be the images I have in my head when I'm totally homesick?  Would it be full of Sunday lunches with the family, Friday night football games watching our nephew, spur of the moment dinners and shopping dates with my mom/sisters/friends, & awe inspiring worship in my heart language?

Or would I be there and wonder why I'm not here...would my heart be beyond willing to go if He would give me another chance to?  Would I stand in those worship services and have tears on my face for all of those who don't even know they desire to worship the Creator instead of the created? Tears for those who don't know that they were created to bring glory to the Father?  

there are hard moments
hours
days
weeks

but the Truth is He was willing.
He was willing to step down out of glory
walk on this sin filled earth
live, disciple, equip, teach,
die
and save my soul, my life, & the images in my head

Lord, here am I, send me
I am willing to be wherever it is that You can recieve the most glory as a result.

...Stop

We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that I post here at 1 minute past midnight EST ever Friday. 
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
..why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing.
So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes.
- See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday/#sthash.viEUjgqM.dpuf

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Nickolee,
    we were on a similar wave there at the end...thanks for visiting me...beautiful photos of your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you were willing! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great reminder - in the midst of our willingness (and unwillingness) - to remember that through it all... for us... He was willing. And He still is!

    Visiting from FMF over at Lisa-Jo's! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!