December 4th - Medical decided to send Ryleigh & I on to Joburg due to how sick I had been and to be on the "safe" side of things. We were supposed to leave Tulear on Dec 14th. So we woke up that morning and did gifts & festivities with daddy since we wouldn't see him again until January.
December 10th - I woke up, after sleeping very little, and knew I needed to check back in with my doctor b/c I was struggling with even keeping liquids down. By that afternoon, he had admitted me to the maternity ward with hopes of keeping nutrients in me via an IV and monitoring Lyllian. Thankfully we had wonderful misson families (thanks again Broadwolfs & Hailes!) who took Ryleigh in like one of their own!
December 11th - My mom started trying to move her ticket up to leave earlier (she was supposed to fly in on the 17th)
December 12th - Lyllian had a very high heartrate and they were concerned for her well being. They thought that it was due to me being sick so often, so they decided to do a laperscopic procedure to see if they could "fix" what may be wrong with my stomach. Surgery was successful and I did not go into labor. Part of my stomach had moved into my esophoghaus due to me being so sick so often. My mom arrived that night and was greeted with open arms by Ryleigh. It wasn't quite how I had planned my mom's arrival but I surely was thankful to see her & Ryles at the hospital that night!
December 13th - Since the surgery had been sucessful, they said that I should be discharged the next morning. Medical was already in the process of getting Steve to Joburg (he was not supposed to come until January 9th) and we discussed the possibility of him just flying back home since all was well (he had already flown from Tulear to the capital). Medical thought it best to bring him on over (who knew how thankful we'd be!) He arrived later that night.
December 14th - Lyllian's heartrate had stayed elevated and they didn't know why. My OB said the best choice at this point was to do an emergency C-Section. I had gone from thinking Steve was coming to pick me up from the hospital to now hearing I was about to have a baby 5 1/2 weeks early. My emotions were crazy to say the least. Thankfully, medical was able to bring my mom & Ryleigh to the hospital so I could see them before the section.
The Lord's hand was so completely evident in everything from medical deciding to fly us over early, to last minute doctor appointments, to bringing my momma over in time to take care of Ryleigh, and getting my husband from the bush to home to Joburg in 48 hours. All in time for us to be together for the birth of our 2nd daughter. 800 million things could have happened differently - but they didn't...all praise, honor, & glory go to Him - the King of Kings.