- 1.02 billion people in the world do not have enough to eat. This means one sixth of humanity is undernourished
- Every day, almost 16,000 children die from hunger-related causes - that's one child every 5 seconds.
- An estimated 35% of poor families in the U.S. are forced to choose between buying food and paying their rent or mortgage
- In US cities, 1 in every 4 people in a soup kitchen line is a child.
- 100% of all contributions to feed hungry people. (Personnel are already in place; thus, administrative and promotional costs are borne out of other budgets.)
- From 2009 to 2010, giving to the World Hunger Fund dropped by nearly $1 million
- In 2011, Southern Baptist hunger ministries fed more than 5 million meals to the hungry in North America. As a result, more than 33,000 professions of faith were reported.
Statistics from www.worldhungerfund.com
The Global Relief/World Hunger offering is a relief offering for those in the US and around the world. 100% of all gifts go towards helping relieve hunger and catalyzing change in conditions that cause hunger worldwide. This Sunday will be the day that many Southern Baptist churches emphasize this Global Relief/World Hunger offering. Please prayerfully consider how He would have you be a part.