Where Would You Like To Go?

October 11, 2013

5 Minute Friday - Ordinary



ORDINARY

GO...

Wake up and walk to my "spot", open my Bible and my journal and I sit.  Soaking in as much calm, wisdom, and cool breeze as I can before the sun radiates the heat that is sure to unfold in the next few hours.  Almost like clockwork, the moments pass and I know that Ryleigh will be stirring, ready for our morning routine.  We'll sing our good morning song, give lots of kisses, brush her hair, pick out her clothes, sit in her rocker and read a Bible story, and pray over our day.  By then she'll be bursting at the seams to go give her daddy a hug and to eat breakfast...all ordinary.  The moments, the mornings, the day-to-day - it's all ordinary here.  I laugh when I think about how typical most of our days are to us, how the things that once seemed anything but ordinary have turned into moments we don't even raise an eyebrow to.  And then He whispers...those verses from Luke 6 that I was reading just this ordinary morning - oh He is so anything but ordinary.  He takes this day to day and makes it beautiful.  The sun pouring through the window that lights up His word, the kisses from a loveable two year old, the constant bilingual chatter that fills up our home...all of His extra-ordinary grace, love, and freedom...He changes our ordinary to anything but.

STOP

Want to participate??
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
It started because I’d (Lisa Jo Baker) been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And I figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing.
So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes.
Your words. This shared feast.
It’s easy to join in, just:
  1. Check what the prompt is on my blog.
  2. Write a post in only five minutes on that topic on your blog.
  3. {And if you don’t have a blog, no worries! Just leave your writing as a comment on my post}
  4. Link over here and invite friends to join in.
  5. Select the permalink to your post {so not your blog url www.lisajobaker.com but your post url www.lisajobaker.com/2012/07/five-minute-friday-2/ }
  6. Using the blue linky tool at the bottom of my Five Minute Friday post enter your link.
  7. It will also walk you through selecting which photo you want to show up in the linky.
  8. Your post will show up in our Five Minute Friday linky.
  9. Be sure and encourage the person who linked up before you!

2 comments:

  1. Nickolee, your words are just beautiful. I'm invited in to precious moments, holy ground. I love how you see. What a blessing this has been for my heart today. So grateful to be your neighbor at Five Minute Friday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your FMF post. I was completely engrossed in your writing- amazing! I love how you find the extraordinary in your ordinary moments!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!