Where Would You Like To Go?

August 17, 2013

Life Verses

Growing up, I have certain verses that were special to me at different times.  Whenever I hear or think of "being a sweet fragrance" (2 Corinthians 2:15-16) I'll always think of my sweet momma who would remind me to be just that to the world around me.  Romans 12:1 will forever be ingrained in my mind in a rap format because of Bible Drills in the 3rd grade...and so on and so forth.

 However, Psalms 73:25-26 is what I would call my "life verse".
"Whom have I in heaven but you?  And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
 God has spoken through those words an endless amount of times during my life and I pray that He will always remind me that He is my portion and that nothing of this world can ever compare.

When we found out we were pregnant with Ryleigh, Steve and I wanted a particular verse to start praying over her then and for the rest of her life.  I even did a blog post about it (of course!) you can check it out here.  Now, with Lyllian on the way, we wanted to also choose a life verse for her.

Our hope is that this verse rings with the promises of the Lord that come with being a child of His.  Our utmost prayer is that Lyllian will grow to have a personal love relationship with the Lord and that these verses will be one of the many truths that she clings to from His word.


"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,  “therefore I will hope in him.” The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him."  Lamentations 3:22-25


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!