Where Would You Like To Go?

June 21, 2012

It's for me too...

Before Ryleigh was born, Steve & I talked about having a "life verse" for her.  A verse that we would start praying over her then and continue to throughout her life.  A verse that would be a beautiful truth for her to always reflect on, no matter her age.  After some searching we stopped on Zephaniah 3:17-
The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
From the moment I read those verses while praying over what her verse should be, I knew it was the one.  It's beautiful and sweet - just as I imagined my precious little baby girl to be.  What gorgeous truths for her to grow up hearing about, learning about, and loving the God who made this promise.  Every day Ryleigh hears these words in some fashion - usually in the form of a song.  I deeply desire for her to grow with an unquestioning trust of how much her Father loves her. 

As I was singing to her this morning, I stopped suddenly as the beauty of this verse washed over me.  The Lord reminded me that this is a life verse for me too!  He is always in my midst.  He is a mighty one who will/has/and continues to save.  He rejoices over me with gladness.  He quiets me with His love.  He exults over me with singing. 
Do you hear Him? 
Do you get it? 
The Lord, my Savior, the Creator, the Rock of Ages, the King of Kings...
He does all of these things over His beloved. 
He does all of these things over me. 
What joy literally floods my soul... 
Praise His Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!