Where Would You Like To Go?

December 22, 2011

A Father's Love

Our little Ryleigh is SUCH a daddy's girl. She searches for him when she enters a room and cries when he leaves. I simply adore watching the love of my life be a daddy. There are many things I find attractive about my husband and him loving on Ryleigh just might be in the top 5. It's such a sweet thing to watch him play with her, sing to her, read to her, and be protective of her
You know, I've been learning something about our Father's love by watching Ryleigh's earthly daddy.  Sometimes I can get caught up in the routine.  The daily quiet times, the worship with a body of believers, remembering what I'm not supposed to do, doing what I'm supposed to do...and I forget to just be His child.  Do you know what I'm talking about?  I mean, Steve is a dad...he has to tell Ryleigh "no mam" sometimes, he has to be firm, there has to be consequences, and believe it or not there are times when Ryleigh does indeed cry (shocker - I know).  But, you know what he spends the majority of his time doing?  Playing with her, talking to her, listening to her...just being with her.  Of course, he's here to protect her, guide her, instruct her, discipline her...but all of that is out of the overwhelming love he has for her.
How much more so does our Heavenly Father?!?!  He is LOVE.  I've had to stop and think about this.  I've had to ask myself...
When was the last time that I just wanted to be with my Daddy? 
When's the last time I've spent simply basking in His love? 
When's the last time nothing was on the agenda except to just sit and chat with Him? 
When's the last time I remembered that while He is lots of things (Savior, Rock, Prince of Peace, Creator) He is also my Father...my Daddy? 
When those times happen - they are my absolute favorite...if you know the times I'm talking about you know personally how they turn into a worship time.  How can you spend time with our Daddy and not worship?  Such. Sweet. Time.

I am prayerfully confident that the smiles that light up her face when Ryleigh sees Steve will one day be a small glimpse at the joy that surrounds her when she is daily walking hand in hand with her Heavenly Father.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!