Where Would You Like To Go?

May 27, 2011

Friday 5

1."And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."  Luke 12:11  What a precious promise from our Savior.  No matter where we are in this world, or to whom we are speaking - His words will flow from our mouths - Praise.Be.To.Him.

2. "...and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb...crying out with a loud voice,"Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"" Revelation 7:9-10  The joy that fills my heart when reading this passage - this is also a promise - it is a glimpse into the future - into the ultimate victory..."a great multitude that NO ONE could number" - seriously love :)

3. Question posed to my heart - "How many Christians are headed to hell?"  Meaning - there are a vast majority of people who will profess to be "christians", but can tell you nothing about a salvation through faith.  I cried.  11,700 people groups in the world today - 551 of those have absolutely no believers - as in not.a.single.one.  551 people groups have NO access to the gospel and of all the rest that do - there are still SO many who are headed to hell.  heart.breaking.  - it's been a emotionally heavy week.

4.  "The Soverign Lord has given men an instructed tongue to know the words that will sustain the weary.  He awakens me morning by morning, awakens my ear to listen as one being taught."  Isaiah 50:4 - the latter part of this verse has been a favorite for a while now...a prayer of mine really because I struggle so often with waking up for that daily time with my Lord - but this week, He really focused me on the first part.  He promises like He does in Luke that He will give me words.  I do not have to depend on my knowledge or vocabulary - He will instruct my tongue!!

5. Colossians 4:5 - "Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time."  The word - intentional - has been sort of a theme for my life the past few weeks.  The Lord has reminded me to be intentional in my time with Him and with my family.  All that we're learning here in VA revolves around being intentional in church planting - intentional in our walk -intentional in ministry.  The Lord just led me to this verse this afternoon.  Making the best use of time is exactly what I desire to do - to be intentional with every opportunity the Lord presents our family with...would love your prayers in this area of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!