Where Would You Like To Go?

May 18, 2011

A Fantastic Four

The 19th marks our 4 year anniversary.  The Lord joined us together because He knew that we'd glorify Him more together than we would apart.  Every day I am made more aware of this fact. My husband continually teaches me more about Christ through the earthly example he is of our Saviour.  Steve is my best friend.  He knows me like no one else does.  He's always there with an encouraging word, a warm embrace, a listening ear, a challenging scripture, or a time of sweet prayer.  He is my accountability partner and helps me strive to  model Christlikeness in all I do.  The past 4 months, I've enjoyed falling even more in love with him as I watch him love on Ryleigh.  4 years ago, I knew that I was marrying the love of my life.  Today, I have come to a better realization that the love of my life is not Steve, but my Lord- my Creator with whom I have had a personal relationship for almost 21 years.  My relationship with Jesus is sweeter today than ever before and I know that has only enabled my and Steve's relationship to deepen.  Second in line is my husband.  Steve isn't perfect but he's perfect for me.  I am more in love with him today than I was yesterday.  I pray this continues for as long as the Lord chooses to glorify Himself through us here on this earth.

This is our family photo 4 years ago:
 
and we were headed here (Victoria, British Columbia)

Our present family photo:
and we're headed here (Tulear, Madagascar)!! 
By next year, we're hoping to extend our spiritual family with faces that look like these
(thank you for your continued prayers for the Mahafaly to come to know Christ!)
I love you Steve!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!