Where Would You Like To Go?

May 1, 2011

Friday 5 - On a Sunday

Going to revamp what our Friday 5 looks like during our time here in VA.  I'll still do an update on the weekends of what we've done the previous week (complete with pictures of Ryleigh of course!), but the Friday 5 will be 5 things the Lord is teaching us/thoughts for you to ponder as well!  Enjoy!!

1. Mark 3:14 - "He appointed twelve - designating them apostles - that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach..."  Thoughts - Yes, He is sending us out - but not away from Him, rather with Him...wherever He may be leading.  He is already at work in the world around us...He just wants us to join Him!

2. 1 Chronicles 16:11 - "Look to the LORD and his strength, seek his face always.  Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgements he pronounced."  Thoughts - 1st and foremost, seek Him always.  Not just on Sundays, not just at church, not just during your daily quiet time...ALWAYS.  Secondly, remember.  Remember what He has done!  Often, my doubt and trust issues stem from forgetting.  Forgetting His sacrifice, His love, His faithfulness...REMEMBER.

3.  Hebrews 13:17 - "Obey your leaders and submit to their authority.  They keep watch over you as men who must give an account.  Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you."  Thoughts - We want our goal to be that every leader, every supervisor can say it was a joy to have us under them.  That's not just a nice goal - it's a command from His word.  There are no clauses as to what type of leader or supervisor either...just sayin :)

4.  James 1:5 - "If any of you lacks wisom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."  Thoughts - Humbled.  To know that God will generously give us wisdom to handle every situation.  Lately, I have found myself experincing a range of emotions - one of them?  Guilt.  Why?  We're taking a 6 month old overseas.  I know that I'm so far from the perfect mother and I can not learn all I need to know by July 1st.  What will I do without a pediatrician 3 minutes from our home?  How will I know what works best without a quick phone call to my mom?  Questions and then more questions...however, He has continually provided ONE answer - Him.  He is our creator and He knows the answer to every question I have and beyond.  He even offers to provide wisdom...all I have to do?  Ask Him.

5.  Isaiah 6:8 - "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send?  And who will go for us?"  And I said, "Here am I.  Send me!" Thoughts - This verse doesn't just appear out of thin air - it appears after Isaiah has been cleansed from being a man of unclean lips.  We are anxious to go and follow the Lord to Madagascar, however His timing is and always has been perfect.  We're here right now for a reason.  There is still much to learn.  I've been thinking along the lines of our people and the culture.  What He's shown me this past week is I'm far from learning those things.  First, He has to change, teach, and mold me.  I'm learning to just be with Him.  To sit in His presence and dwell in His sweet love, to think, to meditate, to journey, and to become who I was created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!