Where Would You Like To Go?

June 12, 2014

A Majestic Tuesday

Tuesday morning the rest of the gals went on a hike, while Lyllian & I stayed at the lodge.  The weather was gorgeous, the view out our back tent flap was breathtaking, and the wooden chairs on the back porch were calling my name.  
I breathed a grateful prayer that our sweet 5 month old was so laid back & that she loved being outside.  I spread a quilt out on the porch and she was content to look at all of His creation with me.
  
I thought I would spend my time reading His word, but once I sat down - I realized there was nothing I could do aside from just sit in awe.  The stillness was inspiring and the quietness was holy.  He was there.  Where two or more are gathered...my baby girl was there in His presence with me.  It was an unforgetable moment of simply being.  Eventually, the words that had been stirring in my heart started coming from my mouth...
"Majesty, worship His Majesty, unto Jesus be all glory, honor, & praise.
Majesty, kingdom authority, flow from His throne unto His own, His anthems raise.
So exalt, lift up on high, the name of Jesus.
Magnify, come glorify, Christ Jesus the King!"
Lyllian joined with me in this new (to her) song and shortly there after fell asleep.  Romans was beckoning and I'm here to say that there are very few things that are more wonderful than reading His word in the quiet & stillness of His majestic creation.  No distractions, no other sounds, no other people...just Him and me.  It was a beautiful morning.
Thankful for His presence,  His quiet places, His perfect Word, His Holy Spirit, His peace, His joy...and that is not confined to any one place or any certain time...grateful.



1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!