Where Would You Like To Go?

November 1, 2013

A New School Year

2 weeks ago the deaf class started meeting again and in a new (and bigger) classroom!  Hasina has 19 students this year and we have already enjoyed meeting the new children.  The students are between 6 years and 20 years old - all in one classroom!  Our first week, Ryleigh and I went to check out their schedule for the year and to make sure we could still do our weekly Bible stories & crafts.  Thankful that Hasina said yes - it's such a blessing to have that open door!  We took a small gift to welcome them back - finger puppets made by the GAs at my home church in MS.  The children loved them!!
Last week, I took a felt board (also from the GAs at my home church) that was a gift for the class and told the creation story.  The students loved recreating the story on the felt board and are looking forward to the next story this upcoming week!
I am so thankful for this ministry and that the Lord continues to give me opportunities with patient people (Hasina) that help me with my language!  Praising Him for the gift of telling His stories to these precious children that have definitely had my heart since the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!