Where Would You Like To Go?

December 2, 2012

The Pursuit

I've been overwhelmed by the pursuit of my Father this week.  It started during our training conference on Tuesday with the story of Adam & Eve.  After they choose to sin by eating of the tree that He told them not to...they hide out of shame.  What happens next?  For those of you familiar with the story, you know that God comes to them as He was in the habit of doing and asks where they are.  Now, I know that God indeed knew exactly where they were but He still asked, He still sought after them.  God already knew they had sinned, that they had broken this perfect relationship with their Creator, and yet He still wanted to find them, to talk with them, to pursue them.
As I sat and dwelt on that fact, perhaps a part of the story that I hadn't focused on before, I was humbled by His love for me.  He knows everything about me.  He knows how much I will mess up, how many times I will hurt Him and yet He still pursues me.  From the dawning of time, He pursued me.  His pursuit continues even today.  When I fail to spend daily time with Him - He pursues me.  When I struggle to see any evidence of His fruit in my life - He pursues me.  When I turn my back and try to hide - He pursues me.  Oh what marvelous, burden lifting, peace and joy His pursuit creates in my life. 
 Reflecting today on how He pursued us in human form here on this earth...oh how Mary must have felt...

Staring into the face of my Savior, my King & Creator
You could have left us alone but You’re here…
Looking at your hands, they’re still so small
One day you’ll stretch them out and save us all…
Noel, Noel, Immanuel
You’re here, Hallelujah, You’re here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!