Where Would You Like To Go?

December 10, 2012

Happy Tears

There are a few verses and passages that I know by heart but I still love opening up His word and reading them no matter how many times I've done it before.  Often, I can feel it coming on - I know when I'm struggling with certain things, that the only thing that can give me peace are His words.  One passage that I've loved for many years is out of Zephaniah chapter 3.  Verse 17 is perhaps one of the more popular verses - I even have made up a song that I sing in the mornings to Ryleigh crafted out of this verse...but truly the whole passage is breathtaking. 
 
Last week, I found myself having such a heavy heart for the Mahafaly.  I was burdened by their lostness and I needed to throw all of the emotion and heartache at the foot of the cross.  The Lord led me back to Zephaniah 3 and I found myself reading it (for the first time with someone else in mind) & rejoicing even now for all of the Mahafaly brothers and sisters in Christ I will one day have.
"But I will leave among you a humble and lowly people, and they will take refuge in the name of the LORD...Shout for joy, O daughter of Zion...The Lord has taken away His judgments against you,  He has cleared away your enemies.  The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; you will fear disaster no more...I will save the lame and gather the outcast, And I will turn their shame into praise and renown in all the earth." (Zephaniah 3:12-20(parts))

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!