Where Would You Like To Go?

December 6, 2012

By Faith


“For we walk by faith and not by sight” – 2 Corinthians 5:7
Growing up, I always pictured Abraham when I heard the phrase – “to walk by faith”.  He was called to a land that had no name, he packed up his family, his help, his livestock, his everything, and started walking until the Lord told him to stop.  In my eyes, he truly walked by faith and not by sight.  There was nothing to see – he had no idea where the Lord was taking him.
However, walking by faith and not by sight isn’t just for when you literally can’t see what’s next.  I’m learning that it’s also for when you know the next step.  Walking by faith still applies even when He’s shown you exactly where to go. 
At this particular time in my life, I’ve been realizing that although I can see my surroundings, and although I know that I am in the center of where He has moved my family – I still have to walk by faith.  There are plenty of days that I look around and nothing looks the way I imagined it.  In my head, a year and a half after living here, I thought there would be bible studies – possibly more than one, that didn’t require me memorizing something in Malagasy or still needing my testimony typed out on paper to refer to when sharing.  In my mind, I saw our family living in a bush setting and being closer to our people.  However, when I look out, that’s not what I see – not with my limited sight anyway.  I have to choose to walk by faith.  To trust that, for now, we are where He needs us to be.  I have to choose to have faith that He is speaking through me with the Malagasy that I know and through the works He has set aside for me to do.  I have to choose to walk by faith and not by sight. 
“All your ways are good, all your ways are sure, I will trust in you alone,
higher than my sight, high above my life, I will trust in you alone
Where you go, I’ll go
Where you stay, I’ll stay
When you move, I’ll move
I will follow you”
(Chris Tomlin)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!