Where Would You Like To Go?

November 9, 2012

Prayerwalk - Port of Tulear

Last week, we were near the port of Tulear...the first thing you'd notice if you were here would be the smell.  It's very...ummm...distinct.  There are lots of men and women who work around this area, waiting on boats to come in and catching fish.  The Lord really laid upon my heart that day to spend some time praying specifically for the people who work in this area -
 I thought I'd ask if you'd join me?
Pray:
That they would know the One who controls the wind & sea -
"And they were filled with great fear and said to one another, "Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?"" - Mark 4:41
That they would know the Giver of Rest -
"Six days you shall do your work, but on the seventh day you shall rest; that your ox and your donkey may have rest, and the son of your sevant woman, and the alien, may be refreshed." - Ex. 23:12
That they would worship the Maker of the sea -
"The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land.  Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our Maker!" - Psalms 95:5-6
That they could become "fishers of men" -
"And he said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."" - Matt 4:19
 That they would trust the One who will always lead them -
"If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me." - Psalms 139:9-10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!