Where Would You Like To Go?

November 22, 2012

a heart full of thanks

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
We're enjoying a bit of cooler weather here in Nairobi, so it even feels a little like Thanksgiving!
My heart is full today for so many reasons and I'd like to share a few with you...

I hope that to anyone who knows me, they already know that the One whom I am most thankful for is Jesus Christ.  Without Him, I would truly be nothing.  He is who I long to reflect in everything I do, say, & even think.  Most days that goal seems very daunting but He promises through His strength all is possible.
 
The Sunday after Thanksgiving 8 years ago, I was introduced to the love of my life.  The world was say it was a random thing, that my friends and I needed one more person to play a card game that night and Steve was called to come play...I would say it was the divine intervention of the One who knew all things from the beginning of time.  I often watched movies growing up and hoped for a love like in the movies.  I've found that I'm beyond grateful for a God who is SO much bigger than that.  Our love is nothing like the movies.  There are more tears, deeper laughter, transparent feelings, true forgiveness, and a bond that only the Author of relationships could create.  I love him and he loves me - exactly as we are...the ugliness of our human nature covered by the gloriousness of His salvation.
Ryleigh - ha, some of you are rolling your eyes.  I know I blog about her all the time and fill your facebook feeds with random tidbits of info - but I love her.  My heart is overflowing with thankfulness for her and the gift of being her mother.  He has taught me and continues to teach me through being her mom, more and more about His love relationship with me as a daughter every single day.
I am grateful for the family He placed me in here on this earth and has allowed me to marry into.  We have so much fun when we are together and they are our greatest prayer supporters.  We love each of you!
 
Lastly, I am thankful for our friends and those that are practically extended family.  Some have been in our lives since we were children, new ones during college, and still others through seminary and now that we're on the field.  We are grateful for each of you and love you dearly!!
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!