Where Would You Like To Go?

October 26, 2012

Jesus Loves Me

Most of you read the title of this post and a familiar tune arose in your mind.  It brings back some childhood memories or maybe you just sang it yesterday with a child that you are close to.  Since becoming a mother, I've been overwhelmed with the massive truths that are in the simple childhood songs that I grew up singing.  From a young age I was taught that..."Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world..." and that "Yes, Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so".  I learned that Jesus stopped and looked up in a tree to go to a "wee little man's" house that day and that He holds the whole world in His hands.  See, what did I tell you?  Big truths - yet that childlike faith never thinks twice...humbling isn't it? 
Well, this past Sunday, the scorching temps sent me outside of our tin church building to seek some relief.  Ryleigh and mom had already made their way outside which means there were also about 10 Malagasy children by the truck.  Mom was singing songs with them, praying over them, and to the joy of the kiddos laughing at their adorable smiles.
 Once I went out there, Mom wanted me to translate some of the songs she was singing to Malagasy.  So, we all began to stumble through "My God is so Big" and "Jesus Loves Me".  I'm not sure how effectively the message got across but we did have fun with hand motions while we were singing!
However, as the day went on my heart was burdened for how to truly communicate that Jesus loves these children to those children. I know that I can say it correctly in the language but how do they know what those words truly mean?
How or when does it become more than just vocabulary words to life giving words?
Heart breaking doesn't begin to describe the frustration I felt.
Then, my God, the One that  "there's nothing my God can not do" spoke.  He reminded me 1st of His love for me.  I will forever be thankful for people who allow the Lord to use them such as David Crowder.  His song "Oh How He Loves" moves me to tears everytime.  God's love is SO GREAT!!  It encompasses all of me - my fears, frustrations, failures, everything. 
 Next, He spoke through His word by using my sweet husband. 
Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God.  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." 
That is His promise.  His purpose is to make Himself known.  I do not have to worry about how the children or anyone else will understand.  I just have to tell them.  It's what He has commanded me (and all of His children) to do. 
So, to end in the words of a song..."How can I keep from singing Your praise?  How can I ever say enough?  How amazing is Your Love!" and I will keep praying that in the end their hearts will want to sing too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!