Where Would You Like To Go?

April 12, 2011

2 weeks away

We can't believe we're so close to being in Virginia!  This time in 2 weeks we'll have completed our 1st day of classes.  It's slightly mind boggling.  Steve has been doing quite a good bit of paper work while we're doing our visiting in TX.  He's been busy with our visa applications and still doing some documentation work on our crates. 

The fact that we're about to be in training for 8 weeks is a bit overwhelming.  We're definitely excited about all that we are about to learn.  These classes will help prepare us for living and doing ministry in Madagascar.  We know we have a lot to learn and are ready to begin! 

I know that the hardest part for me is going to be changing my proximity to Ryleigh.  Every day for the past 14 weeks we've been side by side.  Steve and I have gone out on the occasional date or shopping trip but I've never been gone very long.  Ryleigh will be in excellent hands, but it will be the 1st time she's not staying with family.  I have a feeling that the ladies at FPO that will be watching her, will quickly become like family though :)  All of that to say - your prayers are appreciated! 

We've been living out of our suitcases for the past few weeks and that will continue for a good little while.  I think for the most part we've adjusted to that part and Ryleigh...well, she really knows no different!  I've realized that the 8 weeks we'll be at FPO, will be the longest Ryleigh has been in one place since she's born...oh, the life of an MK!

I've tried to think through and plan out what the next few months are going to look like...and I've come to the overwhelming conclusion that I can't.  I've been claiming Isaiah 48:17 - "This is what the LORD says—your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:“I am the LORD your God,who teaches you what is best for you,who directs you in the way you should go."  I rest in this truth.  He has gone before us.  The Lord has known every step, every move, every thought, that we've had or will have - since the beginning of time.  How can my plan begin to compete with that?!?  It can't...I can't.  I fall so short of what He desires from me everyday.  I long to be who I was created to be.  I desire to live my life in a way that is completely honoring and totally dependent on Him - and Him alone.  My prayer is that our family will live as though we believe Isaiah 48:17 is truth - that we will not try to direct ourselves or think that we know best.

This journey has just begun - we can't fathom the things He has in store. 
Our life is about to look very different. 
The crazy thing? 
I can't imagine doing it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!