Where Would You Like To Go?

January 6, 2014

The Important Things

So, I've been a little "absent" in the blogging world lately.  The things I've posted have mostly been short & sweet or not my words to begin with (aka copied & pasted - aka easy blog post)!  I mentioned last week to my mom (LOVE having her here in South Africa with us) that I was way behind on blogging.  She laughed and told me that it was my blog so I couldn't be "behind" when it's only up to me when to post.  While she speaks the truth it doesn't change my mindset of FEELING like I'm behind and need to play catch up.  

The truth is I have a lot to say, a lot to type, a lot to sort through but the focus and brain power simply aren't present right now.  Possibly due to sleep deprivation but nevertheless they're just not "there" right now.  Maybe soon - maybe not till we get back to Madagascar - time will tell.  However, there are QUITE a few people who have it much more together than I do and the Lord has been using them to speak to me about a variety of things and I wanted to share them with you today...

"What if all it took was the word of God to inspire the worship of God" - David Platt

"God alone knows the definition of terms. I cannot precisely define who “all the nations” are. Only God knows exactly the meaning of “evangelize.” He alone, who has told us that this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations, will know when that objective has been accomplished.

But I do not need to know. I know only one thing: Christ has not yet returned; therefore the task is not yet done. When it is done, Christ will come. Our responsibility is not to insist on defining the terms of our task; our responsibility is to complete it. So long as Christ does not return, our work is undone. Let us get busy and complete our mission."- George Ladd

"Few of us would argue about prayer being the prpoer response in our crises, but we often don't perceive prayer as being the most practical response. Sometimes we regard prayer as less practical when our need is more concrete." - Beth Moore 


"Pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge!" Psalms 62:8

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!