Where Would You Like To Go?

January 4, 2013

Dear Ryleigh

Ryleigh Elizabeth, you are two years old today.  TWO!  I can't believe how the time has flown by...sometimes I catch myself just staring at you.  You can no longer be called a baby (except by me - you'll always be my baby girl!), because you are definitely a toddler.  You are 35 inches tall and weigh 29 lbs.

January 4, 2011
a few hours old
I love our little routines we have throughout the day and it always makes me smile when you remind me of what we need to be doing.  Hearing you ask to read your Bible story every morning, saying the blessing before you eat, remembering on your own to say "please" & "thank you", and wanting to give everyone hugs & kisses before bedtime - melts my heart. 
January 4, 2012
1 year old
You love being outside and around people.  God has created such a special personality in you, my sweet girl.  Your laughter is contagious and your smile seems to break down even the highest cultural walls that surround us.  There are times that I take for granted how patient you are when mommy is talking to someone in the market, or how your active little body can be so still when something important is taking place...it's like you know God is working around you.  But, don't worry silly girl, you have your "spotlight" moments too.  Most Sundays, it seems that you believe that you are there to lead worship - by singing and dancing to every song.  No matter where we are, people know you're there...you make sure of it, by going up, shaking their hand, and then proceeding to make sure everyone else greets them correctly too. 

January 4, 2013-2 years old
I truly treasure the days He has given to me to spend with you.  You are such a gift, Ryleigh.  There are so many things that I hope and pray for you but above all else it's that the One who created you will one day be the Lord of your life, that He will be the King & Ruler of your heart.  Until that day, and all the days that follow, I pray that I will always point you to Him.  That you will know unconditional love from Love Himself and that it flows through me in all that I say & do as your mommy.
January 4, 2013 - 2 years old

1 comment:

  1. There is NO way that she is TWO already!! Man time flies! Happy Birthday little princess! I know y'all will have a wonderful day of celebrations!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!