Where Would You Like To Go?

January 20, 2013

Clean Peas Mommy!



Last week, I thought that breaking out the finger paint would be fun.  When we did flour painting a few months ago, Ryleigh loved it and made a huge fun mess, which is what I thought would happen again...

 
Ryleigh was excited to see it all on the floor and immediately made the teacher in me proud by naming all of the colors correctly.  She was hesitant at first but I did finally coax her into touching the paint.
Then, I would get this face every time...she'd say "Clean peas Mommy!"  LOL  She did NOT like the paint on her hands at all.  I kept trying to convince her that it was okay to be messy and that bath time was right when we got finished.  But she would hear nothing of the sort.
Finally, I had the idea to show her how to make a handprint and she did like that idea - for about 2 minutes!  I was literally laughing out loud at how much she didn't want the paint on her hands.  I couldn't get her to understand that being messy was the whole point of finger paints!
 
And then, wouldn't you know it, the Lord started speaking to me.  What would my life look like if the moment the tip of my finger even "dipped" into a sin, I would turn to Him and ask Him to "Clean peas (please)?"  What if I didn't wait until my whole hand, arm, leg, and body was covered in sin before falling at His feet and asking for His cleansing?  Oh how convicting His Spirit is...praying that I am always sensitive to His conviction and His prompting of confessing sin, being cleansed by His blood, and being washed in His forgiveness and grace. 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a lesson from your little girl...who doesn't even know she taught you. I'm sure that happens all the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!