Where Would You Like To Go?

September 1, 2012

Beautiful Words

A blog update from Joburg...I wasn't really sure what this was going to look like.  I love blogging but it's hard being away from Steve & Ryleigh.  I've woken up in the middle of the night because I'm sure I've heard Ryleigh on her moniter...only to realize she's no where near where I am.  I can cry at a moment's notice (no jokes for those who know that's usually the case anyway!).  I'm beyond grateful for the wonderful friends I have here in Joburg - they have taken such great care of me and are trying to keep me busy so I don't have time to miss Mada and get me well.  But, to be honest, it's just hard.  I want to be well.  I want to be at home.  I want to be with my family. 
I'm reading through Romans.  It's just like the Lord to perfectly plan chapter 8 for me today.  I started off the morning with the reminder that "the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace".  He then told me, "the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us."  And then in all of His amazing grace & mercy, He spoke - oh so sweetly to my soul -"In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness...because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God...God causes ALL things to work together for good to those who love God...if God is for us, who can be against us??"
As I'm sitting by myself in His ever present presence, He reminds me no matter where I am, I'm never away from Him.  There is nothing in this whole world or beyond it that can seperate me from the love of my Father.  When I feel alone and long to hold the people He has put in my life, He is teaching me about just holding onto Him.  I am ever grateful for Steve & Ryleigh (isn't she such a cutie?!?! and i think he's pretty handsome himself!)  They are not mine though.  They are His.  They are an outpouring of His love in my life.  "Will tribulation, or distress...separate us from the love of Christ?  But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us."
He is enough.  He is enough.  He is enough.
Oh what beautiful words from an even more beautiful Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!