Where Would You Like To Go?

September 8, 2012

Greater Grace

As I'm working through Beth Moore's study of James, (which has taken me ENTIRELY too long to complete - such a slacker) there are days that I've purposely chosen to take several days to go through just one lesson because of everything that I feel He is trying to teach me. This week it's been through 5 simple but deeply profound words -

"But He gives greater grace" ~ James 4:5a

If you've kept up with our blog for any length of time - you may have noticed a theme of how God has been teaching me about His grace.  I've been a child of His since the age of 4 but this year...some 23 years later...He's been rocking my world with grace and a deeper understanding of how to daily live in it. 

Life overseas is an adventure.  It's overwhelming and breathtaking and difficult.  There are days that I actively see His hand at work and others when it's hard to see beyond the poverty & darkness.  Days when He amazes me with how He has planned long ago for Ryleigh to grow up here and provide endless open doors for conversations...and days when I question my responsibility as a "good mom" due to poor healthcare, lack of "normal" social interactions, and educational opportunities.  I struggle with comparison to other moms & wives all around the world.  Tears spring forth oh so easily when I think too long about how I'm not a fluent Malagasy speaker. 

"But He gives greater grace."

"Sink yourself in those five words until all your fears of failure, inadequacy, unforgiveness, and insufficiency drown.  Don't come up for air until those fears lay lifeless and cold on the bottom of the sea.  Let Jesus lighten your burden until you float to the top, youth renewed, heart restored.  He is enough.  Let me say that again: He is enough.  When you need more, you will have more.  When your woes are great, His grace is greater.  When our sins are vast, His mercy is deep." - Beth Moore

Humbled, truly humbled, by the amount of His grace He daily gives.  Never too much...never not enough...exactly what I need for the exact moment I am in.  His grace is enough.  His grace is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!