Where Would You Like To Go?

September 28, 2012

Lusika

On Thursdays, I've begun to visit regularly with my friend Lusika.  She works at a nearby craft market and from the first time I met her, she's had a big smile on her face.  Her booth is one of the only ones that has a "floor" to walk around on and Ryleigh loves playing on it.  Lusika is a wife and mom of three.  Her family currently worships in a nearby Catholic church.  Last week, the Lord provided the opportunity for me to share my testimony and the plan of salvation with her ( it was all in Malagasy which means He gets ALL of the credit!!).  It surprised her to hear it all in her language and not in French (the main assumption here is: if you are white you must speak French).  We had a conversation about Jesus being the only way to heaven (John 14:6).  She explained that at her church they believe Jesus, God, & Mary are all equally important.  However, she did note that based on the verse we read, that the Bible didn't say that.  Our conversation went really well (although a little slow b/c of my language abilites!) and I am so thankful for how the Lord has progressed our relationship.  Lusika promised me that if I kept visiting with her that I would learn Malagasy quickly.  I know I'll be taking her up on that and praying that my Malagasy does indeed get better but even more importantly that her relationship with the Creator of languages grows into an intimate daily walk with her Lord.  Ryleigh and I will see Lusika from time to time when we visit the craft market during the week but I will be intentionally stopping by every Thursday.  I'd love for each of you to put a little "L" on the Thursdays in your calendar to remind you to lift up this sweet lady and our relationship.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!