Where Would You Like To Go?

April 13, 2012

CHAINS

My chains are gone, I’ve been set free.  My God, my Savior has ransomed me – love love love those lyrics.  As a Christian, I pray you understand the significance behind these words – the truth that they echo.  Christ came to remove every chain – to set us free – to give us abundant life – PRAISE HIM!!  If simply reflecting on this truth doesn’t bring you to worship Him – I’m not sure what will.  However, as I sang these words over the past few days, there were many times I couldn’t get the words out.  My heart was literally aching over all of the people who can’t sing these words.  All of the millions of people who might want to, might choose to, might long to sing these words but can’t.  Why?  Because they have no idea about Christ.   They are a part of an unreached people group who have NEVER HEARD. 

That’s why we’re here.  We can’t handle the thought of there being people who would love Jesus if only they could hear about Him.  Many of you spend time daily in prayer for the Mahafaly people and for us.  Today, I want to thank you for your prayers but I want to challenge you to spend time in prayer over what else the Lord may be calling you to do.  Below are 2 different links.  The first one will take you to some information about how you can come and serve on the field – it doesn’t matter if you are single, married, or have kids!  There are opportunites that range from a few weeks, to an entire semester, or 2-3 years!  The second link will take you to a relatively new idea called “Embrace”.  It’s targeted for churches to take on an unengaged & unreached people group (of which there are currently 594 in Sub Sahara Africa alone). 

If you are a Christian you are called to go, there’s no denying that – it’s written plainly in His word.  The question is “go where?”.  Ask Him.  See where He leads you.  It might be to a local coffee shop, across the hall at school/work, to your next door neighbor, to a different state, or maybe even a different country.  You won’t know until you ask!

Want to GO?!?

EMBRACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!