Where Would You Like To Go?

April 7, 2012

Greater Stronger Higher


Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is healer
Awesome in power
Our God, our God

As we sang these verses during our worship time Sunday morning, there was a moment when I just needed to stop singing.  Do you ever have moments while worshipping where the power of what you are singing just stops you in your tracks?  It happened from time to time in the States, but this was quite unlike anything I had previously experienced.  The Lord just grabbed a hold of my heart and my mouth and told me to stop.  He wanted me to truly listen to the words I was singing.  Did I believe them?  Did I realize that He truly is greater…stronger…higher than ANY other?  Did my day to day life reflect that?  Oh how humbling to try and comprehend the majesty of our God. 
There is no other that can compare.
If you are familiar with the song you know there is a bridge that says this…
And if our God is for us
Who can ever stop us?
And if our God is with us
What can stand against?
Take that in for a moment.  It is true – it’s straight from Scripture.  That means so much more than I can wrap my mind around, but for today what He’s telling me is this –
When language fluency feels SO far away – He is greater
When my heart aches b/c of events I am missing with my US family– He is stronger
When my soul cries out due to the darkness that surrounds me – He is higher

No matter what is going on in your life or where on this earth you are living your life today – I can guarantee you one thing.

He is and will always be –
GREATER
STRONGER
HIGHER

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!