Where Would You Like To Go?

March 15, 2012

Reading Lately

Perhaps my favorite “hobby” is reading.  Granted being a mom has limited my time for “fun reading” but the perks definitely outweigh changes such as this!  Anyway, when I have found time for reading over the past few months, I have come across quite a few quotes that I just really want to share…so here goes!

Yes, you will notice quite a few are from John Piper…I have recently discovered him thanks to a friend – and have found his insights can be rather addicting!

“There have been times when I think we do not desire heaven; but more often I find myself wondering whether, in our heart of hearts, we have ever desired anything else…all your life an unattainable ectasy has hovered just beyond the grasp of your consciousness.  The day is coming when you will wake to find, beyond all hope, that you have attained it.” – C. S. Lewis - The Problem of Pain

“Indifference to the pursuit of joy in God would be indifference to the glory of God, and that is sin.” – John Piper – When I Don’t Desire God

“They (women) are so wired to love, and the culture has so radically enforced this whole idea of love-love-love, that they don’t really know the men they are married to…to speak his language, remember: “The wife must respect her husband” (Eph. 5:33)” – Dr. Emerson Eggerichs – Love & Respect

“God is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in Him” – John Piper – Tested By Fire

“It is important to stick to principles, teach principles, and then sort out the details in light of them.  You need to look at what you think is happening in hearts and address that.”  - Rachel Jankovic  - Loving the Little Years

“The path of God-exalting joy will cost you your life…If you live gladly to make others glad in God, your life will be hard, your risks will be high, and your joy will be full…Treasuring life above Christ is a tragedy.” – John Piper – Don’t Waste Your Life

1 comment:

  1. I especially like that last Piper quote - your life will be hard, your risks will be high, and your joy will be full - amen! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!