Where Would You Like To Go?

March 27, 2012

Blog Stalking

I can remember making fun of a co-worker (I love you!!) for being a blog stalker - it's true that I have become one.  I love reading about my friends' lives and how God is working.  I will also admit to reading people's who I have no idea who they are but I love how honestly and openly they talk about their struggles and God's constant victories.  Anyway, I really love when I am reading a blog and the Lord uses it to teach me something (that He's probably been trying to tell me for a while).  Read this on a friend's blog this past week and I just really thought it was a great and challenging thought.  I also really like this Rachel Jankovic - I've only recently been introduced to her as an author and so far - so good!

Live the gospel in the things that no one sees. Sacrifice for your children in places that only they will know about. Put their value ahead of yours. Grow them up in the clean air of gospel living. Your testimony to the gospel in the little details of your life is more valuable to them than you can imagine. If you tell them the gospel, but live to yourself, they will never believe it. Give your life for theirs every day, joyfully. Lay down pettiness. Lay down fussiness.
Stop clinging to yourself and cling to the cross. There is more joy and more life and more laughter on the other side of death than you can possibly carry alone.


by Rachel Jankovic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!