Where Would You Like To Go?

March 7, 2011

Late Night Ramblings

Everyone in the house is asleep.  I'm awake, but probably shouldn't be.  Exhausted doesn't begin to describe how I feel at the moment, but it's a good thing.  I enjoy the feeling of marking things off of my to do list (those of you who know me are currently smiling).  Today = lots of marking things off = smiley face (like the one below)

Doesn't that just make you smile too?  I'm realizing that I have become such a "mother" - I showed a picture of Ryleigh to the lady who was helping me find shoes today at the mall - pathetic I know, but bless her heart atleast she pretended to be interested.  No matter how stereotypical I may now be - I love it.  I love being a mom.  I enjoy looking at my baby girl and guessing what's going on in her mind.  I like going for a walk with her in the stroller, putting on adorable outfits, playing with her, singing to her, having conversations with her (she does talk back sometimes...well coos anyway), and the list could go on.  I could have never understood the way she makes me feel until now...and i'm a fan - a huge one actually.
(picture from dedication service 2/27)



There's a lot to do - back to that to do list - before we leave.  It can be overwhelming if I stop and think about it too long - so I just try and put it in list form...it seems that I feel like I can conquer it that way.  Trying to think through what we might need for the next 3 years is crazy...just so you know.  I'm trying to find that line of being reasonable and realizing that we're going to be in a foreign country - everything will be different, but people are currently living there and have been for longer than I've been alive - so guess what...we'll make it just fine.  The Lord has always taken care of us and He will continue to - absolutely no doubts about that one.  So...I'll do the things that need to be done - by His strength and grace.  Everything else?  Well, I don't believe it will just take care of itself but I do rest in the fact that He will supply our every need.  Therefore, I will act on what He needs me to act on and otherwise I'll just rest in Him and enjoy the journey...looks like Ryleigh already has that under control...
Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your advice on BFing. I really appreciate it!! Your little girl is just precious. I've been meaning to add you to my google reader forever but I just keep forgetting. Thanks for always commenting, because it finally reminded me to add you!! I'm am officially following your blog and your sweet family now!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!