Where Would You Like To Go?

June 21, 2011

Why?

A few answers to some of the "why" questions...answered by people who say it a little better than I can ;)
Want the short version?  Just read the purple :)
Want the "Nickolee" version?  Read all of it  :)

Why go to Madagascar?

"You live among the least of these:
The weary and the weak.
And it would be a tragedy
For me to turn away.
All my needs, You have supplied,
When I was dead You gave me life. 
How could I not give it away so freely?
And I'll...I'll follow You into the homes of the broken, 
I'll follow You into the world. 
I'll meet the needs for the poor and the needy,
God, I'll follow You into the world. 
Use my hands, use my feet,
To make Your kingdom come.
To the corners of the earth until Your work is done.
'Cause faith without works is dead,
And on the cross, Your blood was shed,
So how could we not give it away so freely?"
Follow You by Leeland

Why go when there are lost here?

Romans 15 (exerpts) - "I myself am convinced, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and competent to instruct one another. Yet I have written you quite boldly on some points to remind you of them again, because of the grace God gave me to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done— by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.  It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else’s foundation. Rather, as it is written:
“Those who were not told about him will see,
and those who have not heard will understand.”"


Why do you think it will do any good?


"You're the God of this City

You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation
You are
You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless
You are
There is no one like our God"
God of this city by Chris Tomlin

Why?
Because He has called us and our lives are to be a living sacrifce for Him and His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!