Where Would You Like To Go?

February 3, 2012

Wisdom

I’ve been studying Proverbs for the past month or so...come to find out there’s some indepth information there. I’ve often added Proverbs on to whatever daily Bible reading I may be doing, but have never studied just the Proverbs. Chapters 1-9 have been challenging to me in the call to follow Wisdom. The commentary I’m reading actually words it really well…”its (Proverbs) call to recognize, internalize, and walk in the way of wisdom.”

My prayer for this year…

To recognize wisdom…
“If you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.” Proverbs 2:4-5

To internalize wisdom…
“To know wisdom and instruction, to understand words of insight, to receive instruction in wise dealing, in righteousness, justice, and equity…” Proverbs 1:2-3

To walk in the way of wisdom…
“Leave your simple ways, and live, and walk in the way of insight…Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.” Proverbs 9:6&9
Why is this my prayer? Oh friends, can you give me a reason for it not to be??

“Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold. She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her; those who hold her fast are called blessed.” Proverbs 3:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!