Where Would You Like To Go?

February 20, 2012

Road Blocks

About 5 hours into our drive to Tulear we arrived at one of the many one lane bridges.  The way these work is whichever vehicle gets there first – crosses 1st.  Simple right?  Well, unfortunately this truck made it to the bridge about 30 seconds before we did.  This, my friends, is what we call a “road block”. 
My first thought, after about 5 minutes of seeing that the driver was in no hurry to get his truck unstuck, was to see if there was another road we could take…a detour if you would.  The answer? No.  This was the only road. 
45 minutes later – after the help of 3 taxi bousses full of people…this is what our road block looked like…
So, we continued to sit in our car.  By this point, Ryleigh is out of her car seat and in the driver’s seat trying to see what she can do to help.  The Lord started speaking to me about this situation.  He spoke to me about road blocks in life.  How often do we see a roadblock and our 1st thought is, “God must not want me going this way...I should find another path.”?  I have to admit it’s usually my initial reaction.  However, it’s not necessarily always the correct response.  Sometimes, we are on the “right road” so to speak – or maybe even the ONLY one that He’s given for us to go down.  Road blocks don’t always mean “turn around”. 
Maybe, a road block just means to slow down…to look around…to notice your surroundings…sometimes perhaps it’s just a gentle reminder to be still and know that He is God.

I have to wonder if I would have noticed this view if we hadn’t been stopped by it for over an hour. Needless to say, I’m trying to remember to be thankful & give Him praise – even for the roadblocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please share any thoughts or questions you have!